901 West Pratt St., Baltimore, MD 21223
Phone:410-752-2490
Detailed Information

Name: B&O No. 3302, "Edward G. Hooper"
Other Numbers: B&O No.5234
Railroad of Record: Baltimore & Ohio Railroad
Type of Car: Observation lounge, heavyweight, flat end, paired window
Class: B&O Class Z-1B
Manufactured by: Pullman Company
Date Built: 1923
Date Rebuilt: 1941

The observation/lounge car No. 3302 was built by the Pullman Company in 1923 and was originally known as No. 5234. In 1941, the No. 5234 was converted into a flat end observation car and was renumbered as the No. 3302. The No. 3302 was used on the Royal Blue and Ambassador trains. In 1969, the No. 3302 retired from service. The Baltimore Chapter of the National Railway Historical Society purchased the car for use on their excursion tours. When the Baltimore Chapter purchased the car, they gave it a fresh coat of paint and named it the "Edward G. Hooper," after the Society's Chairman of the Board.

In November 1972, the No. 3302 was sold to the Railroad Passenger Cars, Inc. The Railroad Passenger Car, Inc. leased the No. 3302 to other organizations for trips. In 1995, the No. 3302 arrived at the Baltimore &Ohio Railroad Museum.
 

 

View full album here.


 

Connect with us: Follow us on Twitter  Become a Fan on Facebook  Watch videos on YouTube


© 11/20/2019 Baltimore & Ohio Railroad Museum™. All Rights Reserved.