B&O Museum Photography Policy
Our Policy Still photography, filming, and digital imaging of the Museum's structures, rolling stock, and collection are permitted for private, noncommercial use only. Any commercial use of imaging is strictly prohibited without the express written permission of the B&O Museum.
Commercial use includes any commercial venture that intends to publish, sell, reproduce, transfer, distribute, or otherwise commercially exploit images of the museum's structures, rolling stock, and collection.
- The safety of museum visitors is of the utmost importance. Film, video and still photography for commercial and non-commercial use will not be permitted if it disrupts or interferes with visitors’ use and enjoyment of the museum’s facilities during posted public hours.
- All safety guidelines must be adhered to and no climbing on equipment is permitted.
- A tripod or monopod is permitted for film, video, and still photography for non-commercial use on site during normal hours of operation as long as they do not block any walkways or interfere with visitor traffic or our visitor’s experience.
- Flash photography is permitted unless posted.
- No power or electrical hookups will be provided by the museum for non-commercial film, video and still photography.
- The museum reserves the right to refuse permission for commercial or non-commercial film, video and still photography that is determined to not be in the best interests of the museum.
- If personal photos or film footage taken at the museum are to be sold to an outside source or are to be printed for use in a publication, museum approval must be given and an agreement stating the intended use must be signed prior to the sale or publication date.
The museum asks that members of the press interested in the museum contact the Marketing Department prior to their arrival at the Museum. To discuss your project, make arrangements, or for questions contact the department at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 410-752-2462, ext. 221. Please try to schedule press visits at least one business day in advance to ensure the museum can accommodate your request.
Commercial / Special Photography / Filming Inquiries
Photography for any commercial purposes requires the written permission of the B&O Railroad Museum. The museum reserves the right to charge fees for commercial based filming and photography, which may include site and permission to use fees. Certain projects require a licensing agreement. Fees are determined by a variety of factors, including but not limited to, the nature and purpose of the project, its intended market, its potential promotional value to the museum, time of day, time of year, disruption to exhibits and guests, access to behind-the-scenes areas, the impact of the production upon staff, length of stay, and the extent to which the museum is required to support the project.
The museum asks that commercial and special photography arrangements be made at least one week in advance by calling 410-752-2462, ext. 208. Filming arrangements must be made at least 1 month in advance. Location scout visits can be arranged by calling 410-752-2462, ext. 208.
For additional information and inquiries concerning general, commercial, special photography, and licensing agreements contact: email@example.com