901 West Pratt St., Baltimore, MD 21223
Phone:410-752-2490
Detailed Information

Name: B&O #X-4058
Other Numbers: B&O #1067,  B&O #940707
Railroad of Record: Baltimore & Ohio Railroad
Type of Equipment: Camp car-wreck train service, steel, heavyweight. Ex-colonial diner.
Manufactured by: Pullman Company
Date Built: 1930
Date Rebuilt: 1944

The B&O No.X-4058 was originally built by the Pullman Company in 1930  as a Colonial Diner known as the "Catherine Greene." The name "Catherine Greene" was removed from the car in 1942 and its number changed to No. 1067. In 1944, the No. 1067 was rebuilt  into a class F-4BM. In August of 1959, the No. 1067 was renumbered as the NO.X-4058 and was placed into maintenance of way service in December of that year. In 1983, the No.X-4058 was renumbered as the B&O No.940707. Nine years later, the No.940707 was purchased by the Entertainment Line of Union Bridge, Maryland. In 1995, the No.940707 was sold at auction to the DL&W Car Company. Two years later, the DL&W Car Company loaned the No.940707 to the B&O Railroad Museum to be placed in display. In 1999, the company officially donated the piece to the museum.
 

 

View full album here.


 

Connect with us: Follow us on Twitter  Become a Fan on Facebook  Watch videos on YouTube


© 4/26/2019 Baltimore & Ohio Railroad Museum™. All Rights Reserved.