Nothing beats a birthday on the railroad!
Here at the B&O, we offer a range of rental facility options to ensure that your child’s celebration is easy, fun, and memorable! Birthday party rentals are available year-round and include train rides when seasonally available (April-January). Guests are welcome to bring their own cake, food and beverages, and paper products. Goodie bags can optionally be purchased through the Museum Store.
|Saturday Morning||Party: 10–11:30 AM|
Train Ride: 11:30 AM–12 PM
|Saturday Afternoon||Party: 12:30-2:30 PM |
Train Ride: 1–1:30 PM
|Sunday||Party: 11 AM-12:30 PM|
Train Ride: 12:30-1 PM
Harry C. Eck Education Station
This 1,200 sq. Ft. Multi-purpose room is fully optimized for hosting children of all ages. Conveniently adjacent to our kids’ rides and playground equipment, this facility provides the perfect celebratory setting for our most active, excited, and energetic young guests!
|Education Station Rental Rates*|
The Museum’s covered 12,000 sq. ft. pavilion provides the perfect spacious outdoor setting for your child’s party! With plenty of room to play and unparalleled views of the Museum’s Roundhouse and historic train cars, you’re sure to cherish the memories of your child’s party under the pavilion for years to come.
|Outdoor Pavilion Rental Rates*|
Buxton Rail Car
Offering the true railroad fan experience, this 48-seat coach was originally built in 1939 for passenger service on the Florida East Coast Railroad and is located directly outside of our Historic Roundhouse. If your child has ever dreamed of having a birthday party inside a real-life train car, this is the option for you!
|Buxton Rail Car Rental Rates*|
*Note: Base rental rate includes birthday host and train rides when seasonally available.
Additional Amenities & Offerings:
- Sand Art: Children fill plastic locomotives with an assortment of differently colored sand, allowing them to use their imagination in designing the appearance of their very own railroad souvenir, $10 per child!
- Choo Choo Blueville Kids Ride: Tickets are $2 per person per ride or you may purchase unlimited rides for the entire day of the party for only $5 per person. Children under the age of 2 ride free with a paying adult. Tickets may be purchased in advance or the day of the party.
- Happy Train: Tickets are $2 per person per ride or you may purchase unlimited rides for the entire day of the party for only $5 per person. Tickets may be purchased in advance or on the day of the party.
- Spin Art: Spin Art is available at a cost of $75 for 1-30 paintings, $125 for 31-60 paintings
- Fun Package: The Fun Package includes coloring sheets/crayons, tattoos, stickers, and the Thomas the Tank Pin the Number game for $60.
- Choo Choo Blue: The B&O’s train mascot, Choo Choo Blue, is available for an appearance at your child’s birthday party at the rate of $50 for 30 minutes.
- Magnet Trains: Magnet trains are the best party favor little train lovers could ask for! For just $10 per child, all of your guests will get to paint and take home their very own wooden magnet trains!
Ready to reserve your party?
Fill out the form below or contact BirthdayParty@BORail.org, 443-627-2384.