Society of the Iron Horse
In 1827, a handful of merchant capitalists and the residents of Baltimore undertook a spectacular gamble. They raised the initial funds to pursue a dream, and the American railroad was born, spawning the greatest industrial growth the world has ever known. Whether your ancestors played a part in this historic venture or not, you can make history today. It is with great pleasure that we invite you to preserve the tradition of railroading as an honored member of the Society of the Iron Horse.
This landmark program offers the benefits of individual membership for life. All income derived from this program will be used to restore, conserve and preserve the first, the last, the best and the only of their kind.
Society of the Iron Horse Members receive:
- An opportunity to create a permanent legacy for future generations
- Lifetime attendance and membership benefits at the B&O Railroad Museum in Baltimore for you and four of your friends or family.
- Permanent recognition in the Ledger of Legacy
- Yearly recognition in the Museum’s Annual Report
- A distinctive lapel pin, tie or scarf awarded only to members of this exclusive society.
- Lifetime of special opportunities for exhibit and program previews at the B&O in Baltimore.
- A one time subscription of $5,000 payable at once or over a two or three year period will help preserve the collection.
Interested in a lifetime membership?
Contact Membership@BORail.org or 443-627-2391.