Volunteer at the B&O!
We are currently seeking volunteers who are passionate about sharing the stories of American railroading, enthusiastic about historic preservation and interpretation, and enjoy working with others.
We ask that our volunteers be able to give a minimum of (1) 6-hour shift per month for 1 year. Typically, volunteers at the Museum work a weekly shift.
- FREE Family & Friends Museum Membership
- Special volunteer appreciation events
- Periodic behind-the-scenes sneak peeks at upcoming exhibits and collection items not currently available to the public
- Professional development & experience
- Opportunity to take on more responsibility as a Senior Volunteer (excellent resumé builder for aspiring museum professionals)
- Most importantly — lots of smiling, engaged, and happy visitors!
We are currently seeking volunteers for the Opening of the B&O Railroad Museum’s Underground Railroad Exhibit!
For more information and to sign up, please visit Special Events Volunteering.
Explore B&O Volunteer Opportunities
Volunteers assist in every department of the Museum and we regularly recruit volunteers for a wide variety of assignments, ranging from the Archives to Train Conductors.
Interested in volunteering but not able to make a long-term commitment? We still need you!
We love our youth volunteers and are looking for motivated, positive, responsible individuals aged 16+ to help us at the museum.
Please see here for access to Volunteer portal.
Contact our Volunteer & Outreach Manager at MFurtado@BORail.org