We are looking for an enthusiastic design intern with a great eye for all things visual to join our marketing department at the B&O Railroad Museum and provide creative ideas to help achieve our goals. As a marketing design intern, you will collaborate with our marketing team in all stages of marketing campaigns. Your insightful contribution will help develop, expand and maintain our marketing channels.
This internship will help you acquire marketing skills and provide you with knowledge of various strategies, particularly in the tourism field. Ultimately, you will gain broad experience in marketing and should be prepared to enter a fast-paced work environment.
- Production design layouts for events and program marketing materials, branded collateral, and exhibits as needed
- Assist with developing and executing brand guide
- Support the marketing team in daily administrative tasks
- Assist in marketing and advertising promotional activities (e.g. social media, direct mail and web)
- Update existing marketing collateral
- Prepare promotional presentations
- Help distribute marketing materials
- Collect quantitative and qualitative data from marketing campaigns
- Manage and update company press and media partner database
- Help organize marketing events
- Photograph/record events and organize photo database
- Strong desire to learn along with professional drive
- Excellent visual eye for design and composition
- Solid understanding of different marketing techniques
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (emphasis on Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign)
- Proficiency in MS Office (primarily PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook)
- Familiarity with marketing computer software and online applications (e.g. WordPress, media analytics, Hootsuite)
- Familiarity with photography documentation, videography a plus
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Enthusiasm for history
- Passion for the marketing industry and its best practices
- Current enrollment in a related BA or MA degree, preference of graphic design, illustration, photography
This is for an unpaid internship for college credit. Paid opportunities may be available in the future. Please see our careers page for any upcoming opportunities.
Please send cover letter, resumé and portfolio to:
Amanda Barrett, Creative Director, Abarrett@borail.org.