Food & Beverages
Only food and beverages purchased at the Groundwork Kitchen Café may be consumed inside the café. Food and beverages purchased at the Groundwork Kitchen Café may also be consumed in the Museum’s back yard, pavilion area, and indoors wherever dining tables are present.
Visitor Photography & Video
Photographs are permitted for personal use only and are not to be published for commercial use without the expressed written consent of the Museum. Professional photography is strictly prohibited without the written permission of the Chief Curator. Read our full photography policies here.
On-site Photography & Video
By purchasing or obtaining admission to the B&O Railroad Museum, visitors hereby give consent to use their likenesses, images, voices, and/or appearance as such may be embodied in any pictures, photos, video recordings, audiotapes, digital images and the like, taken or made on behalf of the B&O Railroad Museum, Inc. Visitors give the B&O Railroad Museum, Inc. complete ownership of such pictures, etc., including the entire copyright, and may use them for any purpose consistent with the Museum’s missions. These uses include, but are not limited to illustrations, bulletins, exhibitions, videotapes, reprints, reproductions, publications, advertisements, and any promotional or educational materials in any medium now known or later developed, including the Internet. Visitors acknowledge that they will not receive any compensation, etc. for the use of such pictures, etc., and hereby release the B&O Railroad Museum, Inc. and its agents and assigns from any and all claims which arise out of or are in any way connected with such use.
Please note when you are visiting the B&O Railroad Museum in Baltimore, you agree to give the museum consent to photograph, video, or record you or members of your party while on Museum property. The Museum will own those pictures, recordings, etc. and they may be used a variety of reasons including promotional and educational purposes. If you do not wish to participate in this program, please inform a Visitor Service Associate at admissions who will provide you with a visible sticker to wear during your visit which will ensure that your wishes are respected.
To ensure the safety of our visitors and the preservation of the Museum’s equipment, we ask visitors to adhere to the following rules:
- Obey all signs. These have been installed for your safety and the safety of the artifacts.
- Do not walk on the rails.
- Watch for moving trains.
- Do not allow children to run or be left unattended.
- Oils from the human body cause considerable damage to artifacts, so please do not touch unless otherwise noted.
- In order to protect historic objects, we ask that visitors please do not climb on or enter locomotives, train cars, or other objects unless otherwise noted.
- The B&O Railroad Museum’s campus is completely smoke-free.
- Pets are not allowed except for working dogs.
- Museum premises are monitored by video surveillance.
- Any damages incurred to the Museum or individual collection pieces as a result of your actions are subject to financial liability.