Day Out With Thomas is Heading to B&O Railroad Museum For a Fun-filled Day You Won’t Want to Miss!
BALTIMORE, MD – May 11, 2022 – Peep! Peep! Thomas the Tank Engine is coming to town for a limited time and will be hosting outdoor events at the B&O Railroad Museum on May 13-15 & May 20-22, 2022. There will be free on-site parking, wonderful Spring weather, and all the makings of a complete kidfest for days of family fun.
Day Out With Thomas™ is a full day event for families and friends hosted by one of The Biggest Friends of All, Thomas the Tank Engine. Every ticket includes an interactive train ride with a life-sized Thomas the Tank Engine as well as access to a full day of activities for the whole family to enjoy. At Day Out With Thomas™, we encourage families to ride, play and stay all day, so we’re bringing plenty to do including games, entertainment, photo ops, and more. This year, we are encouraging friends of all ages to Dream BIG! So, we created the Dream BIG! Corner, where kids can go for fun photo opps, games, arts and crafts, and more. We also created the Dream Pass for kids to track their journey at the Railway and pick up a special giveaway at the end of the day. But before kids leave, we’d love for them to say hello to Sir Topham Hatt, the Railway Controller from The Island of Sodor and stop in the pop-up gift shop for exclusive Thomas swag! Spending a “Day Out With Thomas™” will remind kids to Dream BIG! and imagine how far they can go! Capacity will be limited, and advanced tickets are required.
WHO: Day Out With Thomas
WHAT: Day Out With Thomas highlights include:
- Enjoy an approximately 20-minute Train Ride pulled by a full-sized, talking Thomas the Tank Engine locomotive. Friends and families will take a fun-filled interactive train ride featuring Thomas and Friends.
- Activities and entertainment featuring:
- Snap some photos, enjoy several carnival box games, and have some lawn game fun in the Dream Big! Corner!
- Play with your favorite Thomas & Friends™ toys and apps, then pick out a temporary tattoo in the Play Pod
- Photo Opportunities throughout the event, including with Thomas!
- Live Entertainment including:
- Angelo & Marie’s Fantastic Bubble Show – Come and be amazed by the iridescent liquid art, pearlesque rainbows and sparking bubble sculpture. (5/13-15 & 20-22)
- Jerry Breen, Caricaturist – Breen has been one of Maryland’s most popular caricature artists for more than 20 years! He’s made his rounds everywhere throughout Baltimore and will be joining us to draw families in attendance. (5/13-15 & 20-22)
- Gregory May, Former Ringling Brothers Circus Performer – May is a one-man circus act, doing it all from juggling and stilt walking to unicycling and balloon sculpting. (5/13, 15 & 20)
- Marsha & the Positrons – The D.C.-based kindie (kid + indie) band specializes in fun songs about science with a positive social message. With their positive, playful energy, they make for an entertaining and educational show for kids and grown-ups too. (5/14 & 21)
- Ms. Niki’s Magical Music Class – Niki Addison is a classically trained singer/songwriter from Washington D.C. Her mission is to teach children music all over the world in an unconventional way. She’s a new age cross between Mary Poppins and Ms. Frizzle, as she calls what she does edutainment – entertaining youth with education. (5/14 & 21)
- Baltimore Bassoon Quartet – The Baltimore Bassoon Quartet has been making audiences smile since 2008. They put a twist on the classics, pop music, and kids favorites that will surely amaze people of all ages! (5/15)
- Ray Owen – The Grammy-nominated singer-songwriter will be joining us for a live performance of children’s railroad songs. (5/22)
- Outdoor activities
- Moon Bounce House
- Miniature Bird House Painting
- Dream Big Cloud Craft
- Say hello to Sir Topham Hatt, Controller of the Railway
- Railroad museum admission with full access to the B&O Railroad Museum exhibits
- Each child receives a ‘Dream Pass’ keepsake booklet from the gift shop to track their journey at the event and collect a special prize at the exit
- Pop-up gift shop on-site with exclusive Thomas & Friends products only available at Day Out With Thomas
- Food and drinks available on-site for purchase
WHEN: May 13-15 & May 20-22
TIME: Select your designated train departure time when purchasing tickets at BORail.Events/ThomasTix
WHERE: B&O Railroad Museum, 901 W Pratt St, Baltimore, MD 21223
PARKING: On-site parking located in the back parking lot at 1100 James Street.
Tickets for an unforgettable day at Day Out With Thomas are on sale now. Ticket prices are $27-30 for ages 1 and up (service charges and fees may apply).
For more information and directions, contact B&O Railroad Museum at (410) 752-2490 (BORail.org).
For more information about Thomas & Friends please visit: www.thomasandfriends.com, www.facebook.com/thomasandfriends and for bonus material and exclusive content www.youtube.com/user/thomasandfriends.
About the B&O Railroad Museum
The B&O Railroad Museum, a full affiliate of the Smithsonian Institution, is dedicated to the preservation and interpretation of American railroading and its impact on American society, culture, and economy. The Museum is home to the oldest, most comprehensive collection of railroad artifacts in the Western Hemisphere including an unparalleled roster of 19th and 20th century railroad equipment. The 40-acre historic site is regarded as the birthplace of American Railroading and includes the 1851 Mt. Clare Station, the 1884 Baldwin Roundhouse and first mile of commercial railroad track in America. In 2019, the Museum welcomed guests from all 50 states and 40 countries. For further information on the B&O Railroad Museum, please call 410-752-2490 or visit www.BORail.org.
B&O Railroad Museum, Info@BORail.org, 410.752.2490