Sensory Sundays continue in 2023!
To support our neurodivergent visitors, the B&O Railroad Museum is dedicating the first Sunday in February, April, June, August, and October to Sensory Awareness. These day will include environmental accommodations (no music, low lighting, quiet areas, increased signage for areas with sound effects), as well as sensory-friendly events (kids craft, train ride** and tour) and resources (sensory kits, social stories, and community table).
Feb. 5 – Frosty Fantasy
Sensory Activity: Sensory Lap Pads
Sensory-Friendly Tour: From Slavery to Civil Rights
Apr. 2 – Spring Spectacular
Sensory Activity: Coffee Filter Flowers
Sensory-Friendly Tour: The War Came by Train
Jun. 4 – Fun in the Sun!
Sensory Activity: Puffy Paint Pictures
Sensory-Friendly Tour: Technology Changes
Aug. 6 – Under the Sea
Sensory Activity: Water Exploration
Sensory-Friendly Tour: Fueling America’s Railroads
Oct. 1 – Awesome Autumn
Sensory Activity: Silly Putty
Sensory-Friendly Tour: Iron War Horses
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
- 10 AM – Museum Opens (sensory activity and resource table* available in Roundhouse until 3 PM)
- 11:30 AM – Sensory-friendly Train Ride**
- 1 PM – Public Train Ride**
- 2:30 PM – Sensory-friendly Tour
* Specific activities and resources will differ for each date.
** Train Rides currently unavailable for February 5, 2023.
RESOURCES TO HELP PREPARE FOR YOUR VISIT
- Social Story – My Visit to the B&O Railroad Museum
- Social Story – My Train Ride at the B&O Railroad Museum
- Sensory-Friendly Museum Map
- Mask Exemption Liability Waiver
More upcoming events at the B&O
Restore Baltimore Information & Assessment Sessions
The Underground Railroad
Exhibition Now Open!
Champagne on the Train
Feb. 10 @ 7-9 PM
Feb. 25 & Mar. 26
Feb. 26 @ 10 AM-3 PM
Every other Thursday, January – October @ 10:30 AM
THE POLAR EXPRESS™ TRAIN RIDE
Returning in 2023!
Bank of America Model Train Gallery
See Baltimore landmarks in miniature